The Centre for Citizens with Disabilities (CCD) is the premier organization of, and for persons with disabilities that works to promote disability rights, independent living, and inclusion of persons with disabilities and their families in the development agenda. CCD also works to educate, support, and empower persons with disabilities to maximize their potential. CCD led CSOs’ campaign for the passage of the National Disability Act in 2019. We have over the past ten years sought a redefinition of the societal response to the plights of persons with disabilities in Nigeria.
CCD is interested in conducting a national analysis of progress in the implementation of the recently signed disability law or the compliance levels with policy provisions on PWDs in Nigeria.
Position: Research Officer
Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit, Research / Data Analysis
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Analysis and report on quantitative and qualitative data for programmatic and research purposes.
- Develop the design and delivery of research ‘projects’ to include research design, project management, technical support, enumerators training, field survey, analysis and report writing.
- Manage relationships with research and evaluation partners, including short-term contracts as well as longer-term.
- Draw up terms of reference for external organisations and individuals to carry out research and evaluation activities.
- Author research papers and evaluation reports
- Develop the design for monitoring, evaluation and research activities (quantitative and qualitative) and research tools.
- Identify and report the implications of the findings.
- Build the capacity of the data collectors on issues related to research methods and methodologies, data gathering, analysis and interpretation, including regular supportive supervision for the provision of technical assistance.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the project lead.
- The suitable candidate must have a degree in the Social Sciences, Humanities, or related field, an M.Sc will give added advantage
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years post NYSC experience in research or monitoring and evaluation preferable in an NGO sector will give added advantage
- Must be experienced in using statistical software for qualitative and quantitative data analysis, such as Atlasti, SPSS, STATA etc.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel applications
- Must have experience in managing other research/monitoring and evaluation officers at a supervisory level.
Skills and Competency required:
- Excellent reporting writing and presentation skills
- Supervisory and mentoring skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Relationship management/advocacy skills
- Possess basic knowledge of disability rights
- Publication record in relevant areas will be an added advantage
- Exceptional time management skills
Method of application:
All interested applicants should forward their CVs and a one-page cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before August 30, 2022. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
CCD is an equal opportunities employer and particularly welcomes applications from female and male persons with disabilities.